We’ve been to quite a few states here in the United State since beginning our journey July 2018. Even though we’ve only been on the road for about 5 months, we’ve seen so many states, visited many national forests, enjoyed the sunrises and sunsets and just was able to relax and enjoy where we were at that time.
You know, living in a van, car, rv or whatever isn’t always because you’re down on your luck, for some or even most of us, we wanted to move into a van and explore this wonderful country of ours (USA) and not worry about the hustle and bustle of everyday life (work, eat, sleep, repeat). It was time for us to do what we wanted to do and believe me, we saved up some money to be able to do this, by no means are we rich or born with a silver spoon.
ok so on to where we’ve been:
- June – July 2018 New York – We stayed here for about 4 weeks, went there to help a friend and we stayed at the local RV park, pretty nice and made a few friends while we were there.
- 7/18 Went back to NJ, (we went to NY in an RV) came back and got a Ford Econoline E150 passenger van (non high top) and then fixed it up and headed back on our way.
- Off to Ohio, where we had a gig working the Lost Lands festival, boy was that a blast. We continued on to CO, met up with my son and his girlfriend and we wound up staying a few weeks here. Also had to get our van worked on so off to Ford we went.
- Then off to Tennessee, which was where we worked another gig that rained out but it will still worth it. TN was also the place I had gotten to visit with family members I hadn’t seen in a while, so we would up staying for a few days. My son and his girlfriend also headed to TN with us.
- We then headed back up north towards South Dakota, which we eventually did make it to, had to make SD our domicile, register our vehicle and get our new drivers licenses. Did it all in a day!
- 4 Corners – Yep so of course we went through Colorado first to get to the 4 corners, then New Mexico, but the scenery was just beautiful but I’ll tell ya, those mountains in Colorado were super steep and scared the heck outta me.
- After doing some visiting in the 4 corner states, we headed to Arizona where we stayed quite a while in Winslow at a free campground for 14 days (we stayed longer) and then off to Roosevelt, AZ for a work camping gig.
- Now we’re in Texas enjoying the state, adventuring and working here as well. Now, we are doing some modifications to the van as our twin size bed for 2 people just isn’t cutting it, hello IKEA!
Where have you been? Any awesome places of interest we should see and free camping spots along the way? Tell us in the comments below.